saints patrick and peter
I’m not that big into anniversaries, but since everyone is wearing green, I can’t help but remember that today is my husband’s and my our 3 Year Friendship Anniversary. Though these early Peter sightings meant little at the time, they have become treasured memories, considering the current state of things!
- Winter 2003-2004. I met my friend Lisa‘s parents and brothers in the parking lot of Walgreen’s and Byerly’s, but can’t remember what they looked like because everyone was bundled up in winter gear.
- Spring 2004. Lisa’s band concert at Bethlehem. I talked to Lisa’s parents and grandparents, but not to her older brother, because he was talking to Jesse in another part of the sanctuary.
- May 2005. East Village Apt 106. I was there for a graduation celebration, and offered a bowl of ice cream to the newest roommate, a familiar-looking fellow that I couldn’t quite place. He accepted it and said, ”Hey, are you the Jess that Lisa Melling knows?”
- He called the church a couple times and asked me a couple questions at the Info Booth.
- He tinkered with his antique movie projector at a friend’s house for a long time, so we could watch a 8mm film about Jesse’s trip to Kosovo. We didn’t interact at all, but I was impressed that he got it to work.
- March 17, 2006. The guys at Apt 106 threw a Saint Patrick’s Day party. (Anybody remember the green milk?) I asked Peter for a report on his sister’s wedding, which I had missed the previous weekend. We had a long conversation about work, small group, media, missions, etc. He had neat shoes.
I thank God today and every day for the friendship that started at #6. I love you, Peter!